2019年8月9日～11日に立命館大学衣笠キャンパスで開催予定のReplaying Japan 2019の予稿集が公開されました。以下よりご確認ください。
- Replaying Japan 2019 予稿集
- Programme at a glance: programme and author index
- Replaying Japan 2019 ウェブサイト
- Twitter #replayingjapan
Replaying Japan 概要
Conference theme: Japanese Games: Past, Present and Future
Since 2012, the Replaying Japan conference series hosted researchers from various fields conducting research on “Japanese Game”. However, for the upcoming edition of the conference, we would like to address a fundamental question.
What are “Japanese games”?
For example, when we talk about our first play experience of “Super Mario Bros.” or “Pokémon” with researchers all over the world, what we mention is a mysterious “shared experience” rather than the “Japaneseness” of these games.
In other words, these games have surpassed domestic circumstances and cultural differences to deliver common surprises and excitement to players all over the world. This universal nature can be said to be the specificity of games as media.
In this conference held in Kyoto this summer, let us again re-think the past and present of “Japanese Game” and examine “Japanese games” and the future of research on the subject.
- Ritsumeikan Center for Game Studies
- University of Alberta
- Leipzig University
- Bath Spa University
- Seijoh University
- DiGRA Japan
- Akinori NAKAMURA, Ritsumeikan University
- Martin ROTH, Leipzig University
- Martin PICARD, Leipzig University
- Mitsuyuki INABA, Ritsumeikan University
- James NEWMAN, Bath Spa University
- Geoffrey ROCKWELL, University of Alberta
- Rachael HUTCHINSON, University of Delaware
- Keiji AMANO (Programme Committee Chair), Seijoh University
- Shuji WATANABE (Local Commitee Chair), Ritsumeikan University
- Hiroshi YOSHIDA, The University of Tokyo
- Koichi HOSOI, Ritsumeikan University
- Jérémie PELLETIER-GAGNON, University of Alberta
- Tsugumi (Mimi) OKABE, University of Alberta
- Kazufumi FUKUDA, Ritsumeikan University
- Akito INOUE, Ritsumeikan University